Mobile Nav Icon

Our History

February 19th, 1910

Bursting with entrepreneurial energy and zeal, John Nieman forms the Cedarburg Cannery and the Old Milwaukee River Cannery

The business would later become the Herbert A. Nieman Canning Company which is located in what today is the Old Ross Wells Plant on land currently designated to become the new Mequon Town Center near the Mequon Police Station.

See Full History
February 19th, 1910

Employees packaging "Nieman's Garden Spot Cut Green Beans" at Milwaukee River Cannery in Mequon